(Some essential order of conduct in the Assembly)
“Thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God” (I Tim.3:15)
“Let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing” (Phil.3:16)
“Let all things be done decently and in order” (I Cor.14:40)
- We expect a believer who wishes to continue in fellowship with the assembly to bring a letter of commendation from the previous assembly in which he/she was having fellowship. (Rom.16:1,2 Acts.18:27, 2Cor.3:1,2 Acts 15:4).
- Sisters should remain silent in the gatherings of the Assembly. They are not allowed to teach, lead or pray where brothers are present. They are at liberty to exercise their spiritual gifts at sisters gatherings. (1Cor.14:34, 35, 1Tim.2:8,11,12)
- All Saints are expected to gather at all meetings of the Assembly. Forsake not the gathering of the saints (Heb.10:25). Prior information of absence is appreciated which will enable the saints to remember you in prayer. This will further strengthen the bond of fellowship.
- We oppose worldliness among saints. All the saints are expected to come properly dressed in the Assembly. Dresses should be decent and modest not only in the assembly but everywhere. (1Tim.2:9, Titus 2:12, Deut. 22:5)
- Glorify God in our body. (1Cor.6:20). Hence all believers are exhorted to abstain from smoking, drinking, pan eating, etc. Our body is His temple (1Cor.6:19, 1Thess.4:4, 7)
- We also need restrictions in our body make-up. For eg. painting the face, using lipsticks, eyes coloured with kajal etc.Believers are requested to avoid all these things. (2Kings 9:30, Ezek 23:40, Jer.4:30, 1Tim.2:9,10, Rom.12:2)
- Believers shall not join or involve in any worldly organizations (non-essential social bodies) like Lions, Rotary, YS Men Clubs, Ladies Clubs, Etc. (2Cor.6:14-16)
- Sisters are expected to retain long hair and cover their heads at Assembly Meetings. We discourage Boy -cuts. Men should not grow long hair nor make bald head (1Cor. 11:13-16, Ezek. 44:20)
- We encourage brothers and sisters sitting separately in the assembly. However, we do not object husbands and wives sitting together as along as it does not offend anyone. (1Cor.14:40, 1Cor. 10:23,24).
- Marriages, which are not according to the Scriptures, will not be announced for prayer and fellowship at the Assembly. (2Cor.6:14, Lev.18:6)
- Both divorce and abortion are abominable. (Ex. 20:13, Mark 10:8-12; Mal. 2:16)
- Only those who are born again and baptized will be received in the assembly fellowship. So in relation to Baptism of a new believer, the elders will take the consensus of the entire Assembly before making the final decision to baptize the person. (Act.15:4, 1Pet.5:3, Heb. 13:17).
- No public criticism of elders and deacons will be encouraged. Any complaint of individual believer has to be brought to the attention of the elders in Private for proper discipline. (1Tim. 5:1, 19-20, Gal. 6:1, 1Thes. 5:13, 1Tim 5:17, Heb. 13:17)